[scribus] Linux Distro 4 Scribus + 1.7GHz Celeron 256MB RAM

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Aug 31 06:49:41 CEST 2009

> However, I wonder what's in all of those DVDs and whether it's worth
> to download all of them and play with them locally. Or whether it's
> better to download/install from the network. I have never worked with
> Debian before.

The CDs contain ALL Debian packages, sorted by popularity. So
generally you will only need one or two disks, unless you have very
special needs. I think there is an index somewhere.

But the preferred install method is of course the network install. I
think the network install is like 20 MB or something like that.

The first times I did a network install the "Base" installation was 7
diskettes, and the network install was 3. But that was a few years ago
(like 10 probably:-).

/Peter