[scribus] Barcode Generator

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Aug 28 05:23:05 CEST 2009

> Thank you, I'll put my question another way;
>
> Is there a procedure i can use in a script to create a barcode?
>
> for example createBarcode([position], [text], [different options]
> etc...)
>
> like createRect(x, y, width, height, ["name"]) -> string ... but for
> creating a barcode
>
> I appreciate your help

AFAICT answer is No.

The barcode generator has this in its header

% Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript - Version 2009-03-06
% http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/

See  also http://freshmeat.net/projects/postscriptbarcode

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/elaphe/ is a binding which may assist in
generating the codes from with a scribus script, I don't know as I
have never tried

Owen

> Ciro Soto-2 wrote:
>>
>> There is a barcode generator already built-in in Scribus. Just go to
>> the
>> "insert" menu.
>>

>> ciro
>>

>> -- Links of your interest:
>> http://www-personal.engin.umd.umich.edu/~cirosoto/
>> http://www.TheGuitarMakerExploration.com
>> https://www.createspace.com/3392936
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:27 AM, Chris001
>> <yes_i_am_chris at hotmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> It is possible to call the plugin "Barcode Generator" from a script
>>> or
>>> even