[scribus] Merge layers capability.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Aug 27 15:02:19 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 17:47:36 a.l.e wrote:
> hi john,
>
> > Gimp has it, Scribus to my knowledge doesn't.  Is it planned for
> > any future release?
>
> well, basically, it's not hard to implement...
>
> and, if you don't need to retain the blend mode, you can use a
> simple workaround: go in the upper layer, select all, cut; go in
> the lower layer, paste; delete the empty layer.

Sorry, blend mode is the whole point. If I just export a layered file
to e.g. pdf 1.3 then all the transparencies become opaque. But some
USA printers require that files be flattened before printing.  With
Gimp you can merge files down and retain effects like blends. But
Gimp won't work in or produce CMYK although it is getting closer to
that point.

I posted it as a feature request per your suggestion.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters