[scribus] Is Scribus of No Practical Use to Engineers, Scientists and Mathematicians?

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Mon Aug 24 18:35:10 CEST 2009

Professor Rodney Coates schrieb:
> Hi Peter,
>
> So what on earth is going on? It works for you and for Thomas on a PC,
> but not for me.

I have tried it on a Mac, works also fine:

http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/temp/scribusMacSymbol.png

But as Andreas has written some emails above, of course, you have to
insert the glyphs from symbol as "special characters", just typing on
the keyboard will have no effect (they are *symbols* and not
*characters*). But I think this has nothing to do with the fact that
Symbol font doesn't appears in the font list ..?

Best,

Tom