[scribus] Is Scribus of No Practical Use to Engineers, Scientists and Mathematicians?

Gillian Coates gacoates at seiche.com
Mon Aug 24 00:20:13 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

So what on earth is going on? It works for you and for Thomas on a PC,
but not for me.

I have now downloaded Scribus onto my wife's iMac. Clean easy download
and a rapid installation. BUT ....

Exactly the same problems as on my own PowerBook: Scribe, Mail,
TextEdit will not allow font changes to Symbol or Zapf Dingbats, will
allow pretty well everything else - I cannot check absolutely every
font on all of them. Illustrator, Word and Photoshop all allow Symbol
to be used just fine.

I shall try some more Macs tomorrow but I have to say I am mystified
and now, not at all convinced it is in fact a Scribus problem.

Many thanks for your help,

Rodney