[scribus] Is Scribus of No Practical Use to Engineers, Scientists and Mathematicians?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Aug 24 10:08:21 CEST 2009

buondì,

>> From my 20+ years
>> experience with Photoshop / Illustrator / CorelDraw et al,
>>

> You cannot possibly be serious about that :)
>
> Those apps are all <20 years old :)

"That program, CorelDRAW, was initially released in 1989"

"In 1987, Thomas Knoll, a PhD student at the University of Michigan,
began writing a program on his Macintosh Plus  [...] Thomas took a six
month break from his studies in 1988 to collaborate with his brother on
the program, which had been renamed ImagePro.[4] Later that year, Thomas
renamed his program Photoshop [...] "total of about 200 copies of
Photoshop were shipped" this way."

"Adobe Illustrator was first developed for the Apple Macintosh in 1986
(shipping in January 1987) as a commercialization of Adobe's in-house
font development software and PostScript file format"

... well, alexandre, we're getting old and today it's the 24th august
2009! i also stunned when reading the wikipedia articles, but all of the
apps he mentioned are at least 20 years old!

it's still not very likely that he owned one of the 200 copies of
photoshop in 1988, but it's technically possible!

have fun
a.l.e