[scribus] Is Scribus of No Practical Use to Engineers, Scientists and Mathematicians?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 22:28:14 CEST 2009

Gerard Cunningham wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 15:18 +0100, Mick Crane wrote:

>>> I haven't thought about it before but I imagine that you could get
>>> another keyboard and stick Greek characters on it and then change
>>> the keyboard map when you wanted to type Greek.
>> As for your other moans this is just normal behaviour with open source
>> software. You are supposed to figure some stuff out for yourself.
>> Regards
>
> No, it's supposed to work. If end users can't use it to do the things
> they want, it's a fail, no matter how pretty the code is.

I don't think it's not a pass / fail thing.

I had the choice between being sucked dry by Adobe who offered no
meaningful support at all and charged enormous amounts for upgrades that
you hoped would fix bugs, or joining an open source community where
people are generally very helpful (but resent being talked to as if they
owe prospective users something for using their code).

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor