[scribus] Moving to Linux

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Aug 22 07:11:20 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 21. August 2009 12:51:05 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:17 AM, mrdocs wrote:
> > This thread exposes one of the glaring weaknesses of Ubuntu, as it is
> > Gnome based:

Hi Alex,

> This thread rather exposes bias of Scribus developers towards KDE.

Hmm, there might be a reason, don't you think?

> I'm
> running Fontmatrix on GNOME just fine.

Please don't make a fool of yourself ;)

Unless you lost your ability to understand English, you are perfectly aware of
the fact that Peter didn't refer to Fontmatrix, but rather KDE's font
installer, which is, indeed, as easy as it gets, and yet powerful. Please
read Peter's message carefully!

> Never had a single issue with
> Fm apart from lousy builds of Qt4 in Ubuntu (broken status bar in
> 4.4.2). That's starting from April or May 2007 when I first tried Fm.

Well, that rather confirms Peter's remarks, doesn't it ;)

> > It is telling that none of the Scribus Team members with the exception of
> > testing bugs, have ever run Ubuntu by choice.
>
> Contrary to Fontmatrix team :)

Who in the Fontmatrix team aside from you is enough of a maschist to use
*buntu? ;P

Cheers!

Christoph