[scribus] Trying to get 1.3.5 to put on Ubuntu machine

StevenD daytonmeister at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 03:05:01 CEST 2009

jwminer at accessvt.com wrote:
> On my Windows computers (Win XP SP3) I still use Bitstream Font
> Navigator. It works well, though it is not aware of true OpenType
> fonts. Most of my fonts are TrueType or Type 1. Font Navigator also
> works under Vista, with the same lack of OpenType awareness. My
> Vista computer developed a fatal hardware illness a couple of months
> ago.

That's also the one I have been using and really liked it. It was easy
enough to operate. I tried installing Fontmatrix from the Synaptic
Package Manager but it turns out to be the 0.4.2 version and I couldn't
figure out how to really work it so I dumped it off the machine for the
time being. I was trying to figure out how to get the 0.6.0 version but
I still am having a difficult time understanding what I am trying to
download from these sites and just how to get the stuff installed. I
know there is an instruction sheet on the Fontmatrix pages that gives
directions on what to type in the Terminal but I'm not sure what I am
supposed to run it on. In other words what am I supposed to download in
the first place.

Anyway I guess I will just wait a while. It would be nice to download
and install the latest version using the Add/Remove dialog or the
Synaptic Package Manager. By the way is there a way to update the info
in the Synaptic Package Manager so it will get the latest version? Maybe
this is off topic.

StevenD