[scribus] Scribus and Google summer of code application: 2 or 4?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Aug 13 17:41:53 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the "strange" question but I would like to know how many Google summer of code project have been developing this year.

Reading this Google's link (http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/scribus_team) it seems that there are only 2 projects accepted.
On the contrary, reading the link provided in the Scribus website (that is, http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/GSoC_2009_Accepted_Applications) it seems there are 4 projects accepted. Maybe this link is outdated?
In particular, these 4 projects  are: "Search and replace", "Improving pdf export", "Better masterpages", "Implementing xps support".
Only the first 2 projects are listed everywhere. The last 2 are missing (that is, Better masterpages and Implementing XPS support, are missing in the Google's link).

Needless to say I do hope the right number is 4 projects and not 2 because I am a Scribus's user :-)

This being said, THANKS a lot for making Scribus a wonderful software.
I do like it and, at work,  I suggested all my colleagues to try it :-)

Best regards,

Silvio