[scribus] Trying to get 1.3.5 to put on Ubuntu machine

StevenD daytonmeister at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 00:30:37 CEST 2009

I am excited about this 1.3.5 announcement. But. I'm not having much
luck getting the latest Scribus that was just announced so I can put it
on my Ubuntu machine. I have tried several things and gone back and
forth between web pages that I think will tell me how to install it but
it is nothing but a run around. Yes I am new to Ubuntu and all the
tricks you have to know and hoops you have to jump through in order to
get new stuff.

Is there anyone out there who has had success in getting the latest and
greatest installed on an Ubuntu machine and can help a poor dumb new
Ubuntu user figure this out.

Scribus isn't the only app that I have tried to get an update or
development version installed so I can check new features out.