[scribus] workaround for bigger-than-screen Preferences dialog

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 20:20:54 CEST 2009

On 08/10/2009 08:55 AM, Fritz Eichelhardt wrote:
>> From: Gregory Pittman<gregp_ky at yahoo.com>
>>

>> the Preferences dialog ends up being
>> taller than the 576 pixels this netbook can manage
>> The problem this
>> causes is that you might be able to make various changes in your
>> Preferences, but how do you save them?
>>

> why don't you just move the window with
>
> <ALT>  + mouse-moving anywhere in the preference-window.
>
> working here with suse-linux.
> should work on any linux-system.

The obvious answer is that I didn't know you could, but anyway, I still
prefer a dialog that fits the screen - for one thing, I'm rarely using
anything but the touchpad, so it's a 2-finger+thumb operation. Another
problematic thing has become the enormity of the Properties palette for
any practical use, but I don't see a solution in making it incredibly
big and then Alt-clicking on it.

Greg