[scribus] 2 questions: master pages & text flow odd/even pages

ale.comp_06 at xox.ch ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Aug 8 12:15:10 CEST 2009

hi john,

>    As I mentioned before, I'm very new to Scribus, so still trying to
> understand exactly what Scribus is. So far, I have understood Scribus
> to be more like Quark XPress or InDesign than Illustrator or
> Freehand. What about Scribus makes you prefer it over a straight
> vector drawing package such as Inkscape (of which I know almost
> nothing except that it is not very close to 1.0 yet) in the
> open-source universe or Illustrator in the commercial universe?

i can only speak for the comparison with inkscape:

- scribus has better printing oriented features (it does better pdfs)
- it has a better text handling
- (much) better handling of multipages documents.

all in all, i think that the choice will depend on the type of document you will create and its content (and of personal preference).

have a nice day
a.l.e