[scribus] applying text filters when importing text with a script

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 6 14:41:03 CEST 2009

hi greg

>>> doesn't setStyle() apply to the current selection as all the other
>>> formatting commands?
>>>
>>> if not, please fill a bug!
>>>
>>> have fun
>>> a.l.e

>> Yes it does work but how can I select part of a textframe based on the
>> content? For example, select text that starts with ====== and ends
>> with ======
>> ?
>>
> I think this is beyond what Scripter can do now, though a nice idea.

well, i'm not sure you're right here...

the thread continued with a few private mails:

"""
with python's string (or regexp) libraries you can find where the =====
in the frame are; then you use scribus.selectText() to select the text...

(if the formatting you want to apply is more complicated, you may have
to build a simple parser instead of just searching for strings...)
"""

it won't be easy, but it may be doable :-)

have a nice day!
a.l.e