[scribus] Newbie Mac User

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Aug 2 14:59:56 CEST 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009 08:10:43 am John Beardmore wrote:
> Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> > ... I suggest Ubuntu, or, possibly even better,
> > Linux Mint, which is like Ubuntu++, but is just a bit less well
> > known.
>
> So what is it with Mint ?  I've seen it highly praised in a
> number of places, but when I've looked at the mint web site, it
> mostly seems to boast about not being geeky and having a nice
> colour scheme. Technical stuff is not prominently displayed. I'm
> all for not putting off lay users, but...
>
> I assume if it's like U++ there's more to it than that ?  Is
> there a technical edge ?  Better testing ?  Fewer bugs ?
>

> Cheers, J/.

Try the Slax (note spelling) self loading disk (downloadable free)
if you are a programmer type.  Or put Slackware itself on a spare
partition.

Been using Slackware since the 1990s.  All the tools needed to
compile the latest Scribus are there by default.  I do an update to
e1.3.5 now and then, but use 1.3.3.13 for production.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95