[scribus] Newbie Mac User

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:29:18 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:15 AM, John Beardmore <John at t4sltd.co.uk> wrote:

> Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
>
>  My point is really that I recommend Ubuntu to new users *precisely because
>> of* things like the fact that you can't edit the text in the 3dtext
>> screensaver. Starting with a harder-to-use distro is a mistake, imo.
>>

> Maybe, but I would have thought that text screen saver where you couldn't
> change the text would be seem by most users as utterly pointless ?
>

> Cheers, J/.

Surely, that is true. And it is probably a mistake; Ubuntu is far from being
perfect.

Regarding Mint: Mint takes care of a lot of the little details that Ubuntu
leaves off. The most prominent ones are being able to play media and web
plugins and Java out of the box, but there is more. Its just lots of little
things. Truth be told, I use Ubuntu, probably for the potential longevity of
the project as compared to smaller distros. Ubuntu is well funded, popular,
and growing still, as near as I can tell, and I need that sort of longevity
of support.

--
JDS