[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.3.13 and First 1.3.5 Beta Release

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Apr 26 23:32:48 CEST 2009

mrdocs wrote:

>   -- The first 1.3.5 beta release --
>
> Concurrently, the team is pleased to announce the long awaited first
> beta of the 1.3.5 development branch which will eventually lead towards the
> next  stable 1.4.x release.
>
> 1.3.5 is a major release with many new features, a rewritten canvas
> and text layout engine and a complete port of Scribus to QT4. Almost 1000 bugs
> and feature requests were resolved during this release. Notably, performance
> and stability are dramatically improved on MacOSX.
>
> While we are not announcing a complete string freeze for the 1.3.5
> release, we would encourage translators to begin the process as the time to
> 1.3.5 release is close with all roadmap issues now resolved. We expect a total
> string freeze within a week.
>
> With 1.3.5, the minimum Qt version supported is Qt 4.4.0, so
> installing it on older linux distributions may be difficult. In
> addition users should  be warned that 1.3.3.x cannot open 1.3.5 files.
> So users are recommended to only use backups or duplicate copies when
> opening older version files with 1.3.5.
>
> We now recommend all distributions package only Scribus 1.3.3.13. We
> would only recommend packaging 1.3.5svn releases if they are marked as
> experimental or development only.

Huge thanks !  This certainly feels nicer than the earlier windows svn I
tried.

Is the way to enable spell checking under windows documented anywhere
though ?

Many thanks again, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor