[scribus] Scribus 1.3.3.13 crashes with signal 13

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Apr 24 00:58:14 CEST 2009

wrote:
> >> Just downloaded 1.3.3.13.  I:
> >> Bunzipped
> >> cmake .
> >> make
> >> make install
> >> and just got the usual spate of warning messages.
> >>
> >> But when I run Scribus it blows up on the splash
> >> screen, just after a message about "fonts" apparently.
> >>  Just prior to this 1.3.3.12 was running fine.  It
> >> just tells me that it blew up on Sig 11.  I tried
> >> rebooting the system but no help there.
> >>
> >> I can reinstall 1.3.3.12 possibly but I wonder if this
> >> is a known problem?
> >>
> >> Linux Slackware 12.2
> >
> > Followon to the above: I killed the folder ./scribus in
> > my home folder and recompiled/reinstalled 1.3.3.12. The
> > only glitch is that all the items in "Extras" are
> > doubled up. Where is this listing stored?
> >
> > BTW even after killing ./scribus 1.3.3.13 blows up on
> > the splash screen as before. It was downloaded today
> > and is I assume now "stable" at least officially.
>
> 1. did you delete/uninstall your old version?
>
> 2. you might try starting scribus from the command line
> and noting the messages you get.
>
> Greg

It gets worse by the hour. I redownloaded 1.3.3.13 from
SourceForge,  went through the usual machinations and now I
get a message that I have an obsolete package:

 WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use
FindPkgConfig

This is on the cmake step.

So I deleted CMakeCache.txt  and reran cmake . which got rid
of the error message. But it still errors off.

Time to go watch TV, and study the shiny new manual some
more.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters