[scribus] disappearing photos

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Apr 22 05:39:24 CEST 2009

> thank you, that helps.  When you say keep your photos in the same
> folder, I'm not sure what you mean.
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:54 PM, S B <sbinsandiego at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes.  if you move your source images, Scribus can no longer find
>> them.
>>  Scribus does not embed the images; it only sets a pointer to them,
>> and
>> shows them when you open or print.  If you move the images, they
>> seem to be
>> gone.  Keep your images in the same folder, and you will not have
>> that
>> problem.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Alison Saylor
>> <alison.saylor at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Several times I've opened my Scribus document back up (always save
>>> it
>>> before closing it) and the photos have all disappeared.  The image
>>> boxes are still there.  I've put them back in twice in this current
>>> document, and several times on previous ones.  Anyone else
>>> experienced
>>> this?

Hi,

When you develop a document, it is important to understand that sla
file that is produced, records images and other things, relative to
the directory that you are working in (directory=folder if you are
using Windows)

So if you have a working directory(Folder) called Project, and an
image directory called images, Scribus will record the location of the
images as relative to the woking directory. In linux terms, that would
be ../images

Now if you go and change the location of the images, or your project
directory, then you will lose that relativity, and they will not show

As someone else has told you, the images are not stored in the Scribus
sla file, just the location of the images.

--

Owen