[scribus] Waiting for the manual, Europe

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Apr 18 02:26:15 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 17:06:15 schrieb Michael Harvey:
> Re: all you people desperate for the Scribus manual, in my opinion the
> book is nice but it is no Rosetta stone.

Which is good in my opinion, as the Rosetta had to deciphered ;)

> I am not a programmer or even
> much of a computer user and I had figured out most of what I needed with
> ver. 1.3.3.12 before I got the book. The few sections I might still need
> help with (tables of contents, automatic page numbering) are poorly
> described in the book.

I'm one of the main authors, so I won't comment on this statement. You are
entitled to your opinion, and I very well aware that no book can please
everyone. I would be interested, though, why you think these issues have been
poorly described, so that we can fix this in the second edition.

Cheers

Christoph