[scribus] How to get cool tables in Scribus. Yes!

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 19:19:38 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 14. April 2009 18:52:40 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> I do textbooks and workbooks, so tables are pretty important to me. I
> am using 1.3.5svn and it still has only the grouped frame workaround. I
> don't know how long it will be before Scribus has real tables, so I
> kept working at alternatives, and I finally have a method that works.

Copy your Writer table into Calc and use Calc for the final formatting. Then
copy the columns and rows of your table to the clipboard. Open a new Draw
document, use Ctrl+Shift+V and select "GDI Metafile" in the dialog. Then
export the selection to EPS. Unless your gs is badly configured, the
resulting EPS will be imported flawlessly into Scribus.

Christoph