[scribus] PostScript import bug 1.3.5svn

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 17:35:22 CEST 2009

I have a table created in OOo 3.0.1. It contains just text, nothing
special. From OOo it prints fine to a Phaser 7400DN (Adobe level 3), a
Laserjet 8000DN (Clonescript level 2) and a Laserjet 5SiMx (Adobe level
2).

I printed the table to file using each of these printers in turn. Then
I placed the file into Scribus with File > Import > Vector Image. As
soon as I saw it on screen I knew I was in trouble. Pieces of each word
were overlaid on top of other parts of the words. And that is what I
get in print output as well.

So then I opened a terminal and sent the .ps file to one of the
printers with lpr. It printed fine. In other words, the print to file
produced correct PostScript output; there is nothing wrong with the .ps
file. However, Scribus messed it up when importing it.

I searched the Mantis Issue Tracker but did not find anything like this.