[scribus] Sugestions needed

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 07:57:52 CEST 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 06:38:20 +0200
Christoph Schäfer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> dijo:

> <snip>
> <I won't reply to the uninformed rant in detail, sorry!>

> > 4) Ditto the above except use OpenOffice.org's Math utility. Except OOo
> > can't export to EPS, so print to PS, then place the PS as a vector into
> > Scribus.

> Wrong!

Please explain to me how I can export from OOo Math to EPS. The only
option I find is PDF. Scribus can't import a PDF without rasterizing
it. Therefore, a better solution is to print to PS and import the PS as
a vector. If there is a better option, please let me know.

> Why don't you read the LyX/LaTeX documentation?

Because I have decided tht Scribus is the best tool for my work. As a
beginner I occasionally need to ask questions that I can't find answers
to in the wiki. Sometimes that is my fault, sometimes it's the fault of
the wiki. But this is a Scribus list. If you want to try to convince me
to use LyX to lay out books with tons of graphics (good luck!), do so
on the LyX list. I'm still subscribed there.

I'm devoted to Scribus because it thinks the same way I do. And soon I
plan to make a cash contribution. Wait .. that may have to wait until
the lottery pays off. Well, I still *plan* to.