[scribus] TOC instructions don't work on 1.3.5svn

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 09:51:08 CEST 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:28:02 +1000 (EST)
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

> > On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:03:10 +1000 (EST)
> > "Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

> >> Did you go to Document Setup->Document Item attributes
> >> press the Add button and enter, for example, TOC, set the type
> >> (string?) and give a value

> > There's the problem. I can go to Document Setup, but there is no
> > "Document Item" icon. Closest I can get is "Document," and it doesn't
> > have an Add button.
> >
> > However, I can go to Table of Contents and Indexes, and there I find
> > an
> > Add button. It works and I can add an item, but the drop-down button
> > for Item Attribute Name does not do anything. It does not drop down or
> > give me a dialog box to type a name in.

> >> then go to Table of Content and indexes and then TOC should appear
> >> in your drop down box

> > The TOC doesn't appear there because I can't add it in the previous
> > dialog box.

> Can you confirm that you do not have the icon circled in this shot
>
> http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/Document_Setup.png

I do have that icon. It is among the icons along the left side of the
dialog box. It is at the top of the list of icons, but it appears
essentially the same as your screenshot.

But there is no Add button on that dialog box. Not on mine, not on
yours.

There *is* an add button on the Table of Contents and Indexes icon. See
attached PNG. But after I add something and with it selected, the Item
Attribute Name button is  non-functional.