[scribus] Newbie Questions About Spreads

wingsgroup techsupport at wingsgroup.org
Thu Apr 9 15:04:24 CEST 2009

I am new to DTP and Scribus and needing to get a project done in the next 2.5
weeks. (I'm probably crazy!) Anyway, I have searched, but not really found
any good answers to my questions. My project is actually a homeschool group
yearbook and I am wanting to use two-page spreads for the section dividers.
It will be a picture across the pages with text running across. How do I go
about this without losing the text and making the picture look funny? I used
single pages for the setup and just put the picture and text right across as
I was designing it visually. I didn't do a lot yet because I realized that I
needed answers to these questions first. I read somewhere about bleeds and
so I did make my pages slightly bigger (the printer suggested .25 inches).
Someone suggested using margins for the gutter, but I am afraid that I might
get some white space showing. I would appreciate any help you can give!