[scribus] Formula in 1.3.5 (bug)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Apr 8 01:21:33 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 8. April 2009 00:04:18 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:02:19 +0200
>
> alessandro rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:
> > > If the embed pdf feature is in this version, where is the button?
> > >
> > > If not, is there a way to install the version that has it on Intrepid
> > > x86_64?
> >
> > there should be a checkbox in the main tab of your "pdf export" dialog...
> >
> > ... if it's not there, you're out of luck and:
>
> Oh, sorry there has been a major misunderstanding.
>
> I thought "embed PDF" meant to *import* a PDF as a vector and embed it
> in the document rather than link it. I didn't realize it was for
> *exporting* as PDF.

All external files are only linked to in Scribus. In the case of Render
Frames, each time the content is rendered, Scribus creates a temporary file
which will be included in the exported PDF file.

> My problem is that I am trying to get formulas out of LyX because I
> need them set with a specific font. That means I need to use XeTeX.
> Unfortunately, XeTeX does not understand PostScript. So I have to
> export from LyX as PDF. That works OK, but Scribus can't place the PDF
> without rasterizing it.

XeTeX _does_ support PS export. Just add "\usepackage{pstricks}" to your
document preamble.

HTH

Christoph