[scribus] spot colour separations

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 00:56:18 CEST 2009

We currently do some spot colour and create our plates from Scribus by
printing-to-file with the colour separations option checked, then cutting out
the pages that we need for each colour and imposing and creating PDF's from
that.  (It's not that complex for the users -- I have the whole thing automated
quite nicely; just feed the ps file in here and get four PDF files out over
there.)

I've been wondering what it would take to make this process work starting with a
PDF file instead of a colour-separated postscript file.  Scribus PDF creation
doesn't seem to have a colour-separated PDF creation option so I guess it would
have to be stripped out afterward with some other tool?