[scribus] Scripter plug-in not found

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:05:05 CEST 2009

Here is where I am confused.

I have no manually installed Python. I assumed I had Python installed
because when I open 1.3.3.13 the scripter is there in the menu and I have
tried it out a couple of times. Why does the scripter show in one version
but not the other?

When I go to preferences in 1.3.5 and look at the plug-ins section there in
the list of plug-ins and I see the Color Wheel and the Barcode Generator, to
name a couple, listed there and I can get to them from the menus along with
some others and use them.

There is a column in the Plug-ins preferences that says Load it? Down that
column for each plug-in is a check box with the word No to the right it. I
interpret this to mean that if I check the box I am telling Scribus to not
load the plug-in. None of those check boxes are checked. I would expect to
see Yes and No check boxes when being asked whether I want to load a plug-in
or not.

Steven