[scribus] qt4.4

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Sep 30 19:03:26 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> On Monday 29 September 2008 06:21:54 am Roger wrote:
>
>> Just downloaded th latest Scribus svn and it requires QT4.4
>>
>> Where can I get 4.4
>> Yum search lists some devel libraries and qt4-X11
>> Yum install and yum upgrade don't find qt4.4
>>
>> TIA
>> Roger

> You can google to get to the qt 4.4.1 download.
>
> On any Linux system for almost any package you can ignore the
> distribution packaging system and download the source directly from
> its home site.  Then you do
> gunzip (filename)
> tar xvf
> cd (directory)
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> This procedure has worked forever and should work as long as there is
> a Linux. (It won't work for Scribus 1.3.5 unfortunately but that is a
> local aberration we must live with.)

Nonetheless, you're still better off getting it through your distro
(which is....?) so that you avoid conflicts. Every once in a while there
is something important like this, but I would advocate patience, rather
than resorting to compiling and other such out-of-package approaches.
How badly do you need the latest/greatest 1.3.5svn?

Fedora seemed to have had a delay in getting 4.4.x, but they changed
something about update repositories, and now have 4.4.2

Greg