[scribus] problem opening AquaScribus

avox avox at arcor.de
Fri Sep 26 10:11:30 CEST 2008

Janet Perry wrote:

> Submitted on 09/24/2008 - 20:50
> Submitted by anonymous user: [205.168.236.120]
>
> Submitted values are
>
>    Your contact information:
>      Name: Janet Perry
>      Email Address: janetwrites at ecomail.org
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: older
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: MacOS X
>      Version: 10.3.9
>      CPU type: Other/Don't know
>    Your request content:
>      Subject: problem opening AquaScribus
>      Message:
> I have downloaded AquaScribus... but it keeps telling me that 'Scribus
> will
> launch after the X11 application has finished launching' ...what does this
> mean?  I am going to dump it right now, because I got the little nuclear
> sign... danger? when trying to open it... Really need a publishing
> program,
> though... is there a better one for my laptop?

AquaScribus is obsolete, it was a way to start the X11 version of Scribus
(which
had to be installed separately). Where did you find that download?

I've been uploading binaries under the name of Scribus/Aqua now and then.
Nowadays you should go for the Universal binaries though, which are named
Scribus-xy.dmg

/Andreas