[scribus] Special characters in search-and-replace dialog [1.3.5svn]

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 18:12:56 CEST 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:56:53 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> dijo:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > Pierre Marchand wrote:

> >> You did. F12 + UUUU

> > Right. Unfortunately, this doesn't work in the Search/Replace dialog
> > (though this should I think be added), but is very handy in Edit
> > Contents mode and the Story Editor.
> >
> > Also note that in 1.3.5svn, this has changed to Ctrl+Shift+U instead
> > of F12 -- the only place you will find this is in File > Preferences >
> > Keyboard Shortcuts. It would be nice if it were under Edit in the
> > Story Editor as a reminder.

> I've just submitted a feature request for this and related issues.
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=7425

Greg,

Thanks for adding the feature request. I can't seem to get F12+UUU to
work reliably for me in 1.3.3.11, but it's not critical. As I said
originally, I do all my writing in OOo. But it would be nice to get
Scribus to use the same Ctrl+Shift+u that other Linux programs use, and
in all locations within Scribus. Hopefully soon 1.3.5 will be stable
and I'll be using it instead of 1.3.3.11.