[scribus] Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) PlugIn, Adobe InDesign

Steve Herrick estebandido at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 18:06:52 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:35 AM, avox <avox at arcor.de> wrote:

> No. I've some ideas of making XML+CSS the native format for Scribus text
> frames.
> It would allow to store the XML in external databases and do round-trip
> editing (just for
> the content, CSS formatting would be one-way).

I floated this idea way back at the dawn of this list, years ago.
Without digging up those emails, I recall that the arguments in favor
were, first, consistency and second, portability, and the arguments
against were, first, how fine-grained would the control be?, and
second, how many times are we gonna re-invent the file format?

--
Steve Herrick

Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to understanding.
- Hobbes the tiger