[scribus] Drawing Text Frames isn't always correct

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu Sep 25 15:28:06 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman schrieb:
> Pierre Marchand wrote:
>> Vous (Rolf-Werner Eilert) avez écrit :
>>
>>> This is for 1.3.3.12
>>>
>>> Just stumbled a few times over a "bug" that's kinda annoying sometimes:
>>>
>>> Sometimes when I try to make a frame (especially: text frame) bigger or
>>> smaller, when I pick one of the grips with the mouse, the whole frame is
>>> moved instead of its wall(s), even though the correct mouse-dragging
>>> arrow shows up.
>>>
>>> This has been since many (if not any) of the previous versions, and it
>>> still remains.
>>>
>>> It might be caused by graphics, as I'm working on a terminal server
>>> setup here (i. e. not at the PC directly), but any of the other programs
>>> I use here work correctly and have no mouse related problems at all.
>>>

>> it’s a super-known bug, really sorry to have let it alive in 1.3.3
>> branch. It is much better in next to come version.
>>

> They may be a bit too big in Gimp (when you adjust a selection for
> example), but I think they have the right idea about making them large.
>
> Greg

You mean the grips or handles on the frame?

Well, at least it should be clear by the mouse arrow when you hit them
so you can be sure whether to have it or not. But it seems to be a
timing problem rather than a pointing one to me, as in most cases having
the (changed) mouse arrow hovering over the grip for a while will hit it
eventually. But this may be just imagination :-)

Regards

Rolf