[scribus] hardware requirements

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Sep 25 14:29:16 CEST 2008

G. Beck wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm planning to buy a computer for my layout workings and as I have
> no idea about the standards nowadays I'd like to take advantage of
> your experience. How much RAM, processor capacity... do I need to
> run Scribus in a comfortable way (no sudden crashs etc.)?

Scribus can work on quite a range. I have an old PIII with 250MB of RAM
and it works there, with expected sluggishness, and you have to be
mindful of memory issues even with swap.

Perhaps your question ought to be something like what system people
would buy if they intended using Scribus on it on a routine basis.
Certainly anything that can run Vista gives you ample resources.

Personally, if/when I need a new computer, it will likely be a dual-core
processor of some sort, have 1-2GB or more of RAM, and these solid state
drives are certainly very attractive where available and affordable.

Greg