[scribus] Can't select objects [1.3.5svn]

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Sep 24 09:13:50 CEST 2008

hi

> "Even" in earlier versions? Assuming your words are carefully chosen,
> that implies that 1.3.5 is *slower*. If so, that's very bad. As books
> go, 160 pages isn't particularly big, and 30 is tiny. I really hope
> there is a solution to that problem on the horizon.

yes, 1.3.5*svn* *is* slow... the rendering engine is being rewritten, and it's not finished in any way.

the goal is getting 1.4 (the future stable release) working fast *and* with all the basic features, somebody would expect from a modern dtp app (plus many uniqueness to scribus!!)

inbetween, development versions may be slow...

ciao and thaks for your patience!

a.l.e

p.s.:
> Anyway, if there's no simple fix, I suppose I can split the book up a
> bit.
well, this was the simple fix... :-)