[scribus] Scripting a Contact Sheet

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Sep 22 18:28:11 CEST 2008

Henry Hartley wrote:
> I would like a script that would take a directory full of images (JPG) and make a scribus document with four square images frames per page (or possibly 12). Each image frame would get one image, obviously and the image would need to be scaled to fit in the longer dimension and rotated based on their EXIF data. Finally, I'd like a text frame to be placed beneath each image with the image's file. I guess page numbers would be nice and perhaps a common header or footer but that's about it.
>
> First, has anyone written such a script? If not, is there anything similar that I can take and modify? Python isn't really my thing although I can stumble through if I have something to start with.

Here is a script I wrote:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Automatic_import_of_images:_Versions_not_requiring_Tkinter

Actually 2, one for A4 paper, one for US Letter. There are also
variations on number of images per page.

This loads all of the images from a directory as written. I think it is
simple enough that you can see how to adjust size and number of frames.
Also, there are built-in text frames.

Scaling here is to a particular size frame. Other schemes are feasible.

Greg