[scribus] I can't import EPS images

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Sep 21 18:47:55 CEST 2008

Eric Schwartz wrote:
> Submitted on 09/21/2008 - 17:23
> Submitted by anonymous user: [208.83.168.191]
>
> Submitted values are
>
>   Your contact information:
>     Name: Eric Schwartz
>     Email Address: enamotor at delhitel.net
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.3.12
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Windows
>     Version: 2000/XP
>     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
>   Your request content:
>     Subject: I can't import EPS images
>     Message:
> Help Please . I am  trying to start a new project and need to create
> text and images . I can't get EPS images into the image box .  I
> download the ghostscript latest version with the Scribus lastest
> version and consistantly get the error that ghostscript is not
> installed . I went into preferences and it is on the external tools
> with Gimp . The exe. version on the Scribus download site is not found
> on the ghostscript site by me { gswin32c.exe} the one I get is without
> the "c" . What am I doing wrong ?? Thank you in advance .
You can't always import into image frames directly. Hopefully what you
can do is to import the EPS as vector: File > Import > EPS.
The reason I say hopefully is that there is EPS and there is EPS, only
some of which Scribus can manage.

If this fails, use an external app to convert to large bitmap, then
import into an image frame.

As far as ghostscript, go here:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=windows
and follow the link to get ghostscript from Sourceforge -- I don't know
about this "c".

Greg