[scribus] The Scribus target - a question for the developers

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Sep 21 08:35:14 CEST 2008

> The resulting PDF would comply to PDF/X1a:2001 except that it's not
> labeled
> as such and the Output Intent (CMYK) is missing. Both exceptions will not
> alter the way the PDF is output.

No, but, as he has written before, it alters the way the printer accepts
it. If I don't remember wrong he even tried the way you mentioned, but got
hos PDF rejected.

So, if it is so easy to make a PDF/X1a:2001, why not just include it in
the list in Scribus? It can't be that hard to add code to label it correct
and include Output Intent = CMYK? 2-3 lines of extra code?

/Peter