[scribus] problems with installed fonts

Manoel Nascimento manoelnascimento at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 21:25:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

as long as the list seems to have only few subscribers who understand
Portuguese, I've had to ignore an advice on the wiki
(http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Is_it_necessary_to_ask_or_answer_questions_in_English_on_the_mailing_list%3F)
and translate a previous message sent to the list. Sorry for the poorly
Google-translated english.

This time, Scribus doesn't recognize fonts used in previous works. After
a long time using these fonts with Scribus (the same version I use now,
Scribus 1.3.3.11 in UbuntuStudio 8.04.1) and creating a series of
booklets with them (which also means a visual identity), now Scribus
won't recognize any of the following fonts:

Bodoni
Coronet
Haettenschweiler
ModernTypewriter
Revue
ClassicalGaramond

Any other installed program here recognizes the fonts, Specimen (font
viewer) shows them, but they just won't open in Scribus.

Does Scribus has any kind of problems with these fonts? If so, how can
they be resolved?

[]'s
Manoel