[scribus] Using Scribus for a newsletter

Joe Ward bluegrass_joe at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 00:44:59 CEST 2008

    Thanks,  Mike. That's nicely explained in measured tones, and I
appreciate the effort you put into it.

    Here's my problem. I bring up the template for my first page, and put
text and a photo on it. Then I want to add a second page, but I want it to
be a copy of another template, the one I have set up with header and page
number to be a left-side inside page.

   I click on "page,"  and "insert." That lets me get a  copy of the
"normal" template, which does not contain my formating, or of something
called Page 1, which appears identical to the "normal" one.

   So I try "Apply Master Page," having previously converted a copy of my
inside left template to a master page.  But again, the only options I am
given are for "normal" and "Page 1" pages, which are just blank pages.

    I look at the insert menu beside the page menu, and there is no help
there.

    The only way I can get a copy of the page I want for my page two is to
bring up the template for it, convert it to a master, then click on page and
apply master. THEN I can choose my page two, but all I have then is a
two-page document  that consists of two copies of my page 2.

     I know there is an easy answer to this, but we don't seem to be
communicating, and I can't figure it out from the help file. If I have the
first page of a document, how do I add pages of my own choosing to the
document?

    There has got to be a reasonable way.

                                                                         -Joe
Ward