[scribus] Best distro for 1.3.5

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Sep 19 21:02:54 CEST 2008

Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> John Culleton schrieb:
>
>> I am in a never ending chase trying to update my Qt 4 to keep up with
>> 1.3.5 svn on my Slackware system. Is there a distro out there, stable
>> or unstable, that updates Qt as often as Scribus 1.3.5.?  I jump
>> through all the requisite hoops but the cmake can't find the latest
>> Qt 4.4.0 I just installed.   I built C-C-T-F-Q a while back but can't
>> replicate my success.
>>
>> So what distro do the Scribus software writers use?
>>

> I'm not a developer, but I use OpenSuse and I normally have no problems
> compiling the SVN version (I'll compile it every two or three days). But
> I have to say that I also use always the very newest packages of KDE
> 4.x, so I also need an actual QT.

I use Fedora 9, and this now has up-to-date Qt (4.4.1).

Recently I noticed that Fedora went 2-3 weeks without ANY updates, a
curious state indeed. Eventually, there was an update in yum and various
PackageKits, immediately after which suddenly there was about 150MB of
updates, including a new Qt, and KDE 4.1.x.

I'm not exactly a strong advocate of Fedora, but generally speaking it
stays pretty up to date and, of course, it's free.

Greg