[scribus] Import of ODT data and subsequent formatting issues

Ian Seeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 18 22:36:16 CEST 2008

Hi

This is the first time i've used scribus and don't have any other DTP
experience. I've followed a couple of tutorials on showmedo.com to get em
started.
The task is to convert a 8 page winelist and create a single "A0" page with it
all on so it can be printed.
The first thing i did was convert the the winelist that was in a ODT document.
It was formatted in tables of about 5 columns so i created another copy by
converting all the tables to text (with tab separators) and lined it all up
nicely.
I then created a scribus document and imported this newly formatted ODT. I
then used the Storyeditor to make sure it was lined up nicely. I saved it
back and the formatting was lost and it looked as if tabs had been inserted
in some rows and some removed in others.
Can anyone point me in the right direction has to how i would create a style
or something where i can line these columns up and keep them fixed?

Thanks to the team that created and maintains scribus.

regards

Ian