[scribus] Compiling via CMake still fails

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Sep 17 13:00:45 CEST 2008

Martin Costabel schrieb:
> Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> I've still not made it to a properly running 1.3.3.12 on my Suse 10.3
>> (yes I know there's a repo with a ready-made rpm, but compiling has
>> been more fun up to now :-) ).
>>
>> As autotools no longer seem to work (they did until 1.3.3.11), I tried
>> using CMake over and over.
>>
>> Following the instructions on
>> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=install4
>>
>> I now have the following line I type:
>>
>> /usr/bin/cmake ../scribus
>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/tester/scribusinstall/
>>
>> NOTE THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS THEMSELVES ARE SLIGHTLY "BUGGY" HERE: It
>> should be "scribus" rather than "Scribus", for the tarball has it so.
>
> I think you are at the wrong level in the file hierarchy. The directory
> called "Scribus" in the documentation is probably the one named
> /home/tester/Downloads/Scribus/scribus-1.3.3.12 on your hard disk. In
> any case, it needs to be the one that contains the toplevel
> CMakeLists.txt file. It contains a subdirectory "scribus".

Now that it's up and running - I just thought I was right in a way
anyhow: The string in the instructions should read

/usr/bin/cmake ../scribussource
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/username/scribusinstall/

to avoid confusion, shouldn't it? For on top of the page, they used
"scribussource" for indicating the Scribus Source directory.

Rolf