[scribus] Compiling via CMake still fails

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 17 11:53:33 CEST 2008

Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I've still not made it to a properly running 1.3.3.12 on my Suse 10.3
> (yes I know there's a repo with a ready-made rpm, but compiling has been
> more fun up to now :-) ).
>
> As autotools no longer seem to work (they did until 1.3.3.11), I tried
> using CMake over and over.
>
> Following the instructions on
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=install4
>
> I now have the following line I type:
>
> /usr/bin/cmake ../scribus
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/tester/scribusinstall/
>
> NOTE THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS THEMSELVES ARE SLIGHTLY "BUGGY" HERE: It
> should be "scribus" rather than "Scribus", for the tarball has it so.

I think you are at the wrong level in the file hierarchy. The directory
called "Scribus" in the documentation is probably the one named
/home/tester/Downloads/Scribus/scribus-1.3.3.12 on your hard disk. In
any case, it needs to be the one that contains the toplevel
CMakeLists.txt file. It contains a subdirectory "scribus".

--
Martin