[scribus] Request

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Sep 16 18:52:24 CEST 2008

Jairo Lugo wrote:
> Submitted on 09/16/2008 - 14:07
> Submitted by anonymous user: [139.153.71.153]
>
> Submitted values are
>
>   Your contact information:
>     Name: Jairo Lugo
>     Email Address: jairo.lugo at stir.ac.uk
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.3.12
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Windows
>     Version: 2000/XP
>     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
>   Your request content:
>     Subject: Request
>     Message:
> Dear All:
>
> I am a researcher in the media department at the University of
> Stirling (UK) and I would like to know experiences of people using
> Linux in Newsrooms.

We have had some questions/comments in the past about newsrooms and
Scribus.
Check:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Made_with_Scribus

We do have long-time user Rafael at LeTigre:
http://www.le-tigre.net/

To be realistic, if one tried to do a sizeable newspaper, expect some
workflow issues, yet once you get a pattern set up, it might work pretty
well.

Making some individual PDF pages to incorporate into a newspaper might
also work well.

Greg