[scribus] opening pdf files

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Sep 16 18:36:19 CEST 2008

steve orbon wrote:
> Submitted on 09/16/2008 - 16:17
> Submitted by anonymous user: [151.201.232.129]
>
> Submitted values are
>
>   Your contact information:
>     Name: steve orbon
>     Email Address: s.j.orbon at verizon.net
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.3.13svn
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Windows
>     Version: vista enterprise edition
>     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
>   Your request content:
>     Subject: opening pdf files
>     Message:
> I cannot open pdf files, whether created directly from Word 2007 using
> a pdfPro printer driver, or from Acrobat 8.1. I keep getting an
> "invalid format" error message. Is there anything I should be doing
> differently.
>
> Also, I tried printing a postscript file via the HP1320 PostScript
> driver going to a text file, and that failed as well.
>
> What are acceptable drivers for Windows Vista/ Office 2007
I presume you mean a PDF made with Scribus?
There should not be problems with this if Scribus is properly installed.
Do you have ghostscript as indicated?
http://www.scribus.net/?q=windows

If you can't load a PDF with Adobe Reader then something is wrong for
sure, but maybe not with Scribus per se.

Greg