[scribus] help compiling 1.3.5svn under Mac 10.5 Intel?

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Tue Sep 16 10:22:48 CEST 2008

Vous (Allen McBride) avez écrit :
> I Googled about this, and I get the idea that I'm attempting to make a
> Universal binary even though some of my libraries are Intel-only.  The
> solution, I gather, is to tell the process that I don't want a
> universal binary, but I don't know a good way to do this.  Apparently
> people encountering this problem with other projects have been able to
> just remove "arch ppc" flags from various commands.  But grep says
> there are 78 instances of "arch ppc" in my build directory tree after
> running cmake, scattered throughout a bunch of subdirectories.  I know
> if I were better at sed and shell scripts I could remove all of
> them... but is there a way to fix the problem upstream by telling
> cmake I don't want a Universal?

To be honest, Mac users are not very expected to build Scribus by themselves.
So there are some hard-coded directives in CMakeLists.txt to ease work of the
Mac bundle maintainer. Conclusion, dig into the file
($SCRIBUS_SOURCES/CMakeLists.txt) and replace
"
  SET(CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "ppc;i386" )
  SET(CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "ppc;i386" )
  SET(CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk")
"
with values that fit better to your setup.

HTH, if not, I will retry!

--
Pierre Marchand