[scribus] Dumb justification question.

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:18:45 CEST 2008

2008/9/15 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>

> I have a file in 1.3.3.12, It is one page, all text, imported from OO.
> I can't get the justification feature to work.  Do I need to turn off
> something from the OO import?

John,

You mean the text won't hyphenate at all?

There is nothing specific to be done at OO.o level, afaik.

You can check the hyphenation settings in the Scribus Preferences >
Hyphenator as the rules that are there might be too tight for what you need
to achieve. You have 3 fields IIRC. Word length, Number of consecutive
hyphens, and Language.

Then, your text frame must be activated in order to be able to hyphenate.
You may need to deselect and reselect the text frame. By all means it should
work!

Please let me know!

HTH

Louis