[scribus] Using Scribus for a newsletter

Joe Ward bluegrass_joe at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 08:07:53 CEST 2008

   Thanks to all who have responded for the friendly welcome to Scribus.
There is nothing like a friendly group to help a person through the
inevitable snarls of learning a new program. I hope to progress to the point
of being helpful to others.

    I still have this problem with master pages, even going through the new
tutorial (having spent some hours with the earlier version) and reading what
else I can find.

    I have my four templates. I call one up, using "new from a template"
under the file menu.
Then I go to the Page menu, and click on "convert to master page," give it a
name, and click okay. Then I click on the edit menu and go to Master Pages,
and, sure enough, there it is, right in there with Normal. So I get the next
template, click on convert to master page, give it a name and click okay.
When I go to edit/master pages, I find the new master page in place, but the
previous one is gone.
    Why is this happening?  Is "convert to master page" not a legitimate way
to make a master page?

      Thanks again for the welcome and the help. I've downloaded several of
the programs suggested and gone as far as I could go with them before they
stumped me. But I'll ask more about them later.

                                          -Joe