[scribus] Core fonts was Re: Smaller file sizes?

Joop lists at joelassist.nl
Fri Sep 12 16:44:56 CEST 2008

aTarom OCD schreef:
> I like this list
> http://andrew.triumf.ca/fonts/fonts.html
>
> 2008/9/12 Joop <lists at joelassist.nl>
>
>> Peter Nermander schreef:
>>
>>> There are some "core" PDF fonts that all PDF readers should support, so if
>>> you stick to them you don't need to embed.
>>>
>>>  Please: a list of these core fonts.
>> Joop

ATarom,

Thanks. I wrote down my short question, because over the years my win-xp
  computer accumulated a (for me) huge number of fonts (I think that is
a problem for more people) and now I try to sort them with the free
fontmanager NexusFont to lower the number of installed fonts. I like to
know which fonts must stay on my computer anyway. I also started
recently with Ubuntu and want to use the same fonts on both systems.

By the way: is there a better freeware fontmanager than NexusFont? For
instance one that group the fonts for me(serif, sans serif, modern,
etc?), because that is often a hard job for me. Or is there anywhere on
the internet a list where I can find those information?

What fontmanager can I use in Ubuntu?

Joop